March 3, 2012

Nothin' Like A Runner's High

As a person who often wears jeans and a hoodie when it’s 75 degrees outside, I have been especially thankful for this mild winter. There have been very few mornings that I had to warm up my car, snow has not delayed any of my winter travels, and there has not been one day that I have been forced to run inside on a treadmill (because of weather…late nights at hotels is another story. Blah).

This winter was perfect (and I seriously hope I’m not jinxing us all) for running. For the past few years, I’ve participated in The Polar Bear Grand Prix here in Louisville. I love this series of races. It’s perfect for staying active and competitive in the winter months. My goal for the PBGP was to blow my last years times out of the water for all three races. Now only did I dominate over last year Kim, I won my age group for all three races and the series overall (time for a little bragging…go me :) ).

Now that the winter series is over, it’s time to focus on the Triple Crown and begin training for the DerbyFest MiniMarathon. I set a couple big goals for this spring...all part of the plan to make it to New York in the fall.

The Anthem 5K was this morning. My goals: Under 22:00; Top 10 in Age Group; Top 100 Women. Today's results: 21:56; 4th in Age Group; 55th in Women; 415th Overall (out of 8,496 finishers!). I was pumped. The weather was perfect, the course was flat, and I finally got to run with the gang again. 
 Chuckie's Duckies are AWESOME!

Here are the goals for the rest of March...wish me luck!
Rodes City Run (March 17th): Under 46:00; Top 5 in Age Group; Top 100 Women
Papa Johns 10 Miler (March 31st): Under 1:18:00; Top 5 in Age Group; Top 100 Women

Since I’m talking about running, I have to share these "Motivational Posters" from Runners World. These posters make me laugh, because we've all had those days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...