March 14, 2011

I Heart Running

BOOM! Under 50 minutes for the 10K on Saturday morning. Legs 1 and 2 of the Louisville Triple Crown are now complete. Next up: Papa John's 10 Miler and the Mini Marathon. I was a little worried when I signed up, but I’ve kept up with training and managed to surpass my goals for the first 2 races. Let’s hope that holds true for the next 2 races!

I’ve surprised myself by keeping up with training. I used to use every excuse in the book to take a day off (my muscles are sore, I ran yesterday, it’s raining, it’s cold, it’s Tuesday…). Not anymore! It’s cheesy, but I definitely have a new found appreciation for running. I look forward to my runs every day. It’s both challenging and relaxing. It’s hard and it’s easy. It’s chaotic and it’s consistent. Running is whatever you need it to be on a given day.

Now it’s time to ramp up the training once again. The jump from 3 to 6 is easy, but 6 to 10 is a little intimidating. Thank goodness for Daylight Savings and the extra hour of light to run in the evenings! Only 46 days until the mini marathon…the 2 hour finish is well within my reach!


On a side note – White Castle breakfast is actually starting to grow on me (See Chuck, I told you I’d put it in the blog J). Although, it might just be because after running 8 miles, I’m delirious enough to eat anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...