January 10, 2014

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

…says the slacker…over 2 weeks late! I don’t know about you, but I can’t believe we are already two weeks into 2014. I am just now getting around to hanging up my new calendars. The Christmas season is always hectic and relaxing at the same time. I don’t really know how to explain the feeling, but I came back to work this week with an, “I need a vacation from my vacation” attitude.

Here are some of the highlights from our Christmas & New Year’s celebrations:

On Christmas Eve, we go to 4:00 mass and then head down to my Grandma’s to celebrate with my dad’s side of the family. I’ve probably forgotten someone, but at last count there are 31 of us (not counting the 3 babies on the way J) that cram into my grandma’s basement for present time. I always get prime real estate in the middle of the floor.



On Christmas Eve night, we go back to my parent’s house and exchange gifts between the 8 of us and then we open our stockings on Christmas morning. 



We had Christmas with my mom’s side of the family on Christmas day. My mom cooked Christmas dinner this year…and it was delicious.


The weekend after Christmas, Justin and I headed down to Pigeon Forge for Christmas with his family. His aunt & uncle rented a cabin for us all to stay at…I want to live there. We had 2 hot tubs, a pool table, and a 12 seat theater. We relaxed, exchanged gifts, played lots of pool, and even adventured into downtown Gatlinburg for one day to go to the Moonshine distillery.



By the time New Year’s Eve rolled around, we were excited to stay home and ring in the New Year while relaxing on the couch!

Other “Christmas Break” highlights:  

A baby shower for Levi, who is going to be the most spoiled little boy of all time!



A couple of birthday parties for some other very spoiled person that I know…



and quality time with my favorite Southern Indiana ladies (which I forgot to document!)
  

I told you I needed a vacation after my vacation!

Tell me about your Christmas traditions?
 Did you start any new ones this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...