February 26, 2011

Bored At The Airport


I had 40 minutes to kill at the Memphis airport last night. After I walked a few laps and found some bar-b-q, I decided to see how many songs I could list that have the word ‘airplane’ or ‘airport’ in them. Turns out, not very many (I’m musically challenged. If it’s not on country radio…). Since the Memphis airport doesn’t have free wifi (Step 1 when I rule the world: Free wifi at all airports!), I starting asking all of the people sitting next to me. At first they thought I was crazy, but after I got one guy talking, they all started chipping in. I know it’s a weak list, but hey – it’s pretty good for 10 minutes!

Airplanes – BOB
Watching Airplanes – Gary Allen
Pretty Girl At The Airport – Avett Brothers
Can’t Get Away – Third Eye Blind
For A Little While – Tim McGraw
Time To Move On – Tom Petty
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – Don Henley
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes – Jimmy Buffett
Why You’d Want To Live Here – Death Cab for Cutie
Homecoming – Kanye West
Every Time That It Rains – Garth Brooks
Plane – Jason Maraz
Leaving on a jet plane – John Denver
Airplane – Beach Boys
Counting Airplanes – Train
If Love Was A Plane – Brad Paisley
Paper Planes – MIA
Come Fly With Me – Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...