November 11, 2011

Guess who’s home?

That’s right…KEVIN!

We were so excited to meet him at the airport last Friday…He left home in May and our visit in July was a REALLY long time ago! We made signs, arrived at the airport WAY to early, and waited (somewhat impatiently) for his flight to finally land in Louisville. It was a scene made for the movies :)

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

These 10 days are flying by so fast…I wish he could stay longer! We spent all weekend catching up and hanging out. On Wednesday, we celebrated Kevin’s 20th birthday. Today, we celebrate Veterans Day. When I think about all those who have served, are serving, and will serve to protect this great country, I get to include my brother in that group. I’m so proud of him!

My Grandpa was in the Air Force for 23 years. He was retired by the time I was born and passed away when I was in Middle School, so I didn’t really know much about his Air Force career. About a month ago, my Grandma sent us a box full of old photos and newspaper clippings (and some really entertaining letters my mom wrote when she was a little girl haha). These two clippings nearly took my breath away…

Photobucket Photobucket

My Grandpa enlisted in the Air Force and completed boot camp at Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio, TX. He then went on to complete his technical training. His first duty station was Tyndall Air Force Base in Panama City Beach, FL.

Nearly 50 years later, my brother enlisted in the Air Force and completed boot camp at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX. He then went on to complete his technical training this month. On Monday morning, he will report to his first duty station, Tyndall Air Force Base in Panama City Beach, FL.

How. Weird. Is. That? When Kevin was picking out where he wanted to go, we had no idea that my Grandpa had been stationed there. Gives me goosebumps….

Photobucket              Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...