February 6, 2012

Adventures in the Kitchen - Super Bowl Style

Indianapolis is my second home, so I loved seeing all of the pictures from the Super Bowl activities. I’m glad I go to experience the NCAA tournament while living there, but man, it would have been awesome to be there for Super Bowl. Everyone is saying it, and I’ll add my two cents…when Indy hosts an event, the city does it big and they do it right.
I’m not a big football fan (unless the Colts are playing), but I do love a close game, great commercials, and awesome food. Super Bowl weekend provides all three! This year, instead of taking a store bought dessert, I actually made something to take to the viewing party I went to. I know…ME...cooking again!
I decided to make Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s easy & tastes delicious…perfect tailgating food.
Here’s What You Need: 
 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened
½ cup ranch salad dressing
½ cup Franks Redhot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups of shredded cooked chicken

Here’s How To Cook It:
Heat oven to 350.
Place cream cheese into deep baking dish and stir until smooth.
Mix in salad dressing, hot sauce, and mozzarella cheese
Stir in chicken
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir
Serve with tortilla chips, pretzels, celery, etc.


Tip: You can also make this in a Crock Pot (an item still on my wish list). Combine the ingredients are directed. Cover pot and heat on high setting for 1 ½ hours or until hot & bubbly.

I was 100% pulling for the Giants last night...mostly because I'm in love with the entire Manning family :) So glad they won!

Favorite commercial of the night? I'll start by saying I was disappointed with the Bud Light commercials...although Weego was cute. I liked the Dorito one (with the cat & the dog), but the M&M commercial gets my vote for favorite...enjoy!

       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...