February 17, 2012

Do You Know Stephanie Plum?

One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to read at least one book per month. I promise that I really did start & finish this book a book in January (I just got super lazy about blogging). January’s book? Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich.  Janet Evanovich is one of my authors and her Stephanie Plum series is my favorite book series. The first book came out in 1994 (I was 6 years old haha), but I didn’t get hooked until high school. I spent my entire summer break laying by the pool reading the first 10 books. I started looking forward the Tuesday in June when the next book came out like I look forward to Christmas every year! Then, in 2011, Stephanie Plum fans got a treat– TWO BOOKS!! 

If you haven’t read a Stephanie Plum book, it’s probably because you live under a rock. If you’re one of the few living under the rock, let me introduce you to the world of Stephanie Plum. This series has it all: interesting characters and a great plot full of mystery, romance, and laugh out loud humor.

When we first meet Stephanie in One for the Money, she’s single, unemployed, and living with a hamster. She blackmails her cousin Vinnie into giving her a job as a bail bondsman…aka…bounty hunter. Stephanie is 0% qualified for the job, and that is what makes the story so hilarious. She manages to get herself into all kinds or ridiculous situations and has to figure out how to get out of them. Throughout the 18 books, one way or another, Stephanie Plum always gets her man! Usually, it’s with the help of friends, family members, and the two smokin’ hot men in her life!

One of the reasons I love these stories so much is because Stephanie Plum is so relatable. Outside of her ridiculous career choice, Stephanie Plum and I have a few things in common. There is usually a day of the week where her cabinets are bare and she mooches dinner from her parents, she hangs out with her grandma to catch up on the latest town gossip, and when she’s stressed out…the bakery is her happy place J

I guarantee that if you pick up a Stephanie Plum book, you won’t be able to put it down. From exploding cars to planning weddings…from creepy stalkers to the Ranger/Morelli love triangle…these books have something for everyone. Check out the author's website for more info on all 18 books. It'll be the best decision you make today.

The movie version, One for the Money, came out in January. It’s on my list of movies to see. Fingers crossed that it is as awesome as the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...