November 8, 2012

I Am A MARATHONER!



Why yes, that is a finisher’s medal from the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon :) I did it! When I woke up on the morning of the big race, I was a bundle of nerves. I’m so thankful for all of my family members and friends who sent encouraging text messages and Facebook posts last weekend. My favorite was from my brother, reminding me of all of the training that led up to the big day and reminding me that I was ready to run!

“The miracle isn't if you finish, the miracle is that you have the courage to start.” – John Bingham

I’m also glad that my parents and the boy were there to put up with my race day nerves and to meet me along the the course (while it was sleeting) with signs and encouraging words. It really helped, especially during those last few miles!


 
Although I was a little slower than I wanted to be, it is still a PR and I am so glad I did it. Crossing the finish line was the best feeling ever. As for running another marathon? I’m undecided. There are a few destination marathons on my list, that if the timing was right, I wouldn't say no to.

I also wouldn't say no to the lazy Sunday that comes after marathon day! Justin and I barely moved off the couch and it was fabulous. I don’t get many of those days. Apparently, it takes running a marathon to get me to sit down and relax :) I did stand up long enough to make the best pot of Cheesy Potato Soup of all time. It’s the perfect soup to enjoy while watching hours and hours of football (Justin had control of the remote…my choice would have been Grey’s Anatomy reruns!).

Here’s what you need:
6 Potatoes, peeled & Cubed
1 onion, chopped
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
12 oz of Velveeta cheese, cubed
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 tsp of garlic salt
1/8 tsp of pepper
5 cups of water
2 cups of milk

Here’s what you do:
In a large pot, saute the onion in butter
Add potatoes & water
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat, cover & simmer until potatoes are tender
Stir in the milk, soup, garlic salt, and pepper
Add cheese & stir until melted
ENJOY!
This is Justin's bowl...he likes a little soup with his pepper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...