December 5, 2014

Exploring Danville

I have to admit – when Justin moved to Danville, I had a “small town there is nothing to do here” panic attack. We’ve always lived in decently sized cities with TONS of restaurants, events, and things to do. Danville is a tiny little town that only has a college, a gas station, and a Wal-Mart (or so I thought).


I’ve spent quite a few weekends there since he moved in August and I’m starting to jump on the Danville Bandwagon. For a small town, there are actually quite a few restaurants and it seems like there is always some type of event going on “downtown” or on campus.

Our very first weekend there, Justin took me to the world state town famous Mexican Food restaurant, Guadalajara (or Guadi’s as the locals call it). I have to admit, they have pretty good food…and even better margaritas!

This makes me wish it was summer again...

When I visited in September, Danville hosted an Oktoberfest event on Main Street in downtown. The one GREAT thing about living in this tiny town, is that our house is less than half a mile away so we could walk to and from. A wonderful thing, especially when it is Oktoberfest weekend! For a little town, they did it up big with live music, lots of food, and tons of beer.


Over the last two months, we’ve hit up a few more of the local eateries to try them out. We really enjoyed the Bluegrass Pizza & Pub but it’s a little out of our price range for pizza. We really enjoyed going to the Beer Engine which is a local bar. They have decks of cards and a few board games and the environment is very chill. They have a really good beer selection and it’s the perfect place to enjoy a beer and be able to enjoy the conversation of the people you are with.

One of my favorite things is that there is an Orange Leaf within walking distance of our house. The one thing I still can’t get on board with is that the Target is 45 minutes away :( If they can build one of those in town, Danville might just win me over completely :)

Do you live in a small town or a big city?

Do you have a local favorite restaurant/bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...