January 8, 2012

Don't Just Set Goals...Achieve Them!

New Year’s Eve – one of my favorite holidays (ok…so they’re all my favorite…whatever). When I was little, my parents would host awesome New Year’s Eve parties and invite all of our family and friends. Euchre tournaments, birthday shenanigans, and lots of noise makers at midnight. So. Much. Fun. Then came high school NYE – staying out past curfew & finally getting to watch the MTV countdown instead of the Dick Clark countdown. It was great.

Now that we’re “twenty somethings,” NYE plans have once again changed dramatically. It’s short & sparkly dresses, pre-gamming & Champaign toasts, dancing & midnight kisses, and not even thinking about changing out of your PJ’s on January 1st. I love it :)

  
While sitting in the middle of my living room floor with my friends -- inhaling a double cheeseburger, large fry, & jumbo Powerade -- on New Year’s Day, the topic of conversation turned to the usual Jan 1 conversation – New Year’s Resolutions.
                      Photobucket    Photobucket
Since we were already in violation of the two usual (Eat healthier & get off the couch), we had to come up with some unique ones…ones that we could & would actually keep. I always do better if I tell other people about my goals so they can motivate me (and give me a kick in the butt if I start slacking). So here they are folks, Kim’s 2012 New Year’s Resolutions…
Run 1,500 miles
Run at least 100 consecutive days (the streak is at 8 as of this afternoon!)
Run a 5K in under 22:00
Run a Marathon
Blog at least once a week
Take the GMAT
Start my MBA
Read 1 book a month (that isn’t titled Cosmo or US Weekly haha)
Cook dinner at least twice a week (something not out of a box or the freezer!)
      Clean out the closet in my spare bedroom & my storage unit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...