September 6, 2013

Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies

Although fall is my favorite season, I am always a little sad when summer is over. A friend gave me a recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies earlier this summer and I never had a chance to make them. I didn't want to miss my chance, so I ran down to the Giant Eagle last weekend to try and find a decent looking bunch of strawberries (insanely difficult task in case you were wondering).

Here’s What You Need:
¾ cup of butter
½ cup of brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 ¼ cups of flour
4 ounces of instant cheesecake pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 pack of crushed graham crackers
 

Here’s What You Do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix the butter and both sugars until fluffy
Add the eggs
Bet in the vanilla
Add the cheesecake pudding mix
Add in the baking soda, flour, and salt
Mix, mix, mix!
Fold in the strawberries
Roll the cookies in the graham cracker crumbs


*This is where I got a little crazy. My cookie batter was a gooey mess :( I am not savvy in the kitchen so I have no tips or tricks for you. I ended up dumping the crushed graham crackers into the batter and mixing them in. That helped a bit. Then I added more flour until I could get control of the batter.

Once you get your batter onto the baking sheet, bake for 12-15 minutes
This recipe makes 18-24 cookies
Let cool and store in the refrigerator for best results.

Since I added the extra flour, my cookies were a bit floury (shocking). They still tasted pretty good (aka I ate 5 as soon as they came out of the oven because I have no self-control when it comes to fresh baked cookies) although they weren't near as delicious as the sample I had (from the person who gave me the recipe).  I sent her a HELP ME e-mail to try and figure out where I went wrong. By next summer, we will have this recipe perfected!


Why was my batter so gooey?
(I think it might have been the strawberries)

What is your favorite season?

What will you miss most about summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...