September 10, 2013

Copycat & Perfect Timing


The new trend on the blogs I read is posting a weekly workout recap. I have every intention of being a copycat because I think it’s a wonderful idea. It’s a great way for me to keep track of my workouts and hold myself accountable to keep up with my workouts.

A few notes:
  • I was a bit of a slacker last week. I had class three days and I skipped my run on Friday to go to Happy Hour.
  • I've been trying to include arms in my workout rotation this month, but don't really know what I'm doing


Monday
Since it was Labor Day, I could run in the morning which is my favorite time to run!
4 mile run in 39:00 flat
Bicep curls
Tricep dips
Lateral raises
1:00 plank

Saturday
3 mile run

Sunday
5 mile run in 47:54 (2013 PR!)
Bicep curls
Tricep dips
Lateral raises
1:00 plank


I've been struggling with figuring out the best way to keep up with running this semester while juggling everything else. It's really been bumming me out. Last Sunday (perfect timing), Janae posted this article, Maximize Your Training,  and it was exactly what I needed to get out of my funk. While my goal isn't necessarily to run fast on limited miles, it is to run on limited miles. Since I only have 4 days a week, I want to make those 4 days count.


Goals for this week:
  • Run all 4 days – don’t skip Friday!
  • Figure out how to fit in a small workout (or some kind of physical activity) on days that I have l class. I’m thinking of walking on my lunch hour on Tuesday & Thursday. I hate running at lunch, but I can definitely fit in a 2-3 mile walk and still have time to eat. 

I’m hitting my 15 day mark this week and I think I want yurbuds.
Does anybody out there own a pair?
Are they worth the investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...