October 29, 2013

Date Night Part 1: Hot Dogs & Basketball

Hello there. I feel like I've been in hiding this month. Let me bring you up to speed with what’s been goin' on.

October was a very busy month and it was awesome. I had visitors 3 out of 4 weekends….I love visitors! Justin came up in mid-October and is here for three weeks (our longest stretch since last Christmas!). We found a Groupon for a new-ish Hibachi place and planned a date night for last weekend (review coming soon). Our date night ended up turning into a date weekend. On Friday morning a friend at work offered us her Pitt Basketball tickets for that night. She couldn't go and didn't want them to go to waste. As excited as I was to get into my sweatpants after work, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to watch a college basketball game.

Since we hadn't been over in that area of town before, my friend recommended a restaurant we should go to for dinner, The Original Hot Dog Shop


Turns out this hidden Pittsburgh gem is actually quite famous. They've been on Food Network’s Unwrapped and they were voted best fries in the US by CNNThe atmosphere at the place was awesome. I’m not a hot dog fan, but Justin LOVES them (Fiance Fun Fact #12343). He said they were top notch hot dogs. 


The fries were pretty darn awesome and the beer selection was incredible. The Original Hot Dog Shop has here by been awarded the Justin & Kimberly Seal of Approval.


 We walked up to Petersen Events Center after dinner. It’s a very impressive venue. It took us a while to figure out how to get to our seats…did I mention they were COURTSIDE? 


 I felt like I was famous. Then I felt terrified. I had to really focus on the game, which was difficult because my attention span is about 2.5 seconds. I knew the moment I looked away I would get pegged in the head with a basketball! Luckily, I did not get pegged in the head with a basketball and we had a fabulous time watching the game. It was the perfect date night :)

Blurry iPhone selfie FTW




1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, the "Justin and Kimberly Seal of Approval". Better not let me get a hold of that thing, I approve of anything that's edible!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking about...