March 21, 2013

A Visit From Mom


The Huber family is cursed when it comes to commuting. I've probably mentioned it in a previous post because I complain about it all the time, but whenever I travel there are delays. From broken airplanes to rock slides blocking roads, I've seen it all. It’s obviously genetic because my mom got stuck on the interstate for 90 minutes on her way up to visit! Stuck, as is surrounded by semis with the car off, stuck! It was totally worth it though because we got to spend 5 whole days hanging out.

On Saturday, we got up and made our shopping list. I don’t know why we bother.  We walk into Target and totally forget about any list we ever made. Target = Happy Place. I finally got the rest of the furniture/accessories I need to make my house feel like a home. I also bought toilet paper. Someone please tell me why toilet paper is so darn expensive!

We went to Panera Bread for lunch and since there was a DSW practically next door, we had to stop in. Mom found a pair of sandals and I (of course) found two pairs of heels.
Side note – I came home from Spring Break with four new pairs of shoes. I don’t know how it happens. I walk into the store…try on the shoes…and suddenly they are at home...not in the closet, but on display in my living room. I have a serious problem!

We did serious work in the apartment this week. Tready’s  room was a mess! It had become the “I don’t know what to do with this, throw it out there and close the door room.” We updated the Inspiration Wall, sorted through all of my shoes (this is almost embarrassing, but I am officially over 100 pairs now… that does include the retired running shoes in the basement :)), and filled in all of the empty picture frames I had hung up when I moved in.


My mom also helped me put up this awesome picture display in my bedroom. I love it because every night when I go the sleep and every morning when I wake up, I get to see all of the people I love most. I also love it because it because we included pictures of my family and The Boy’s family. ((Whoa – big step – does this mean we kinda, sorta, in a one weekend a month type of way, live together now??? )) I found his diploma in a box he had brought up to store in my basement, so we hung that up in “the study” (as I’m now calling it). He’s on his way to Pittsburgh right now and is under strict instruction not to read this blog post until tomorrow. I told him I decorated, but no details. I can’t wait to see his face. I know he’ll be surprised :)


I’m excited for him to get here, but bummed that my mom is on her way back to Indiana right now. I seriously contemplated slashing her tires this morning so she couldn't leave, but then I remembered all of the shoes I just bought and the fact that my bank account can’t take a hit for new tires. Bummer.

PS –THE DAWGS ARE DANCING!!!!!!!
I cannot get enough of this video...time to do it again!

                      

How long after you moved in did you have your place decorated?

How do you refrain from buying every pair of shoes you see?

Do you fill out a bracket?

Which team do you have going all the way this year?
(As much as I love Butler Basketball…Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!!!)