April 27, 2013

Burpees (Ugh) and Smoothies (YAY)


Putting a TV next to my treadmill was the best decision ever. Since I've been trying to get my workouts in before work, I needed more motivation than “feeling & looking good” to get out of my warm & cozy bed at 5am. Hence, the TV. I caught up on my DVR on Friday morning and I needed a Plan B to get me through my weekend workouts.


Enter Grey’s Anatomy. I have all 8 seasons on DVD…4 of them are still in the plastic wrap. I figure I can spend the next month or two watching the series all the way through. I can barely remember the first few seasons. Today was an arms & abs workout. I moved up to the three pound weights this week (I’m SO strong) and my arms feel like they’re going to fall off. My two very least favorite exercises in the history of the world: tricep dips & burpees. 



You try doing two sets for 20 seconds each. It’s killer! (I told you I’m a wimp).  Luckily, I survived them and even did my cool down mile outside today. It’s finally warming up! Now I just have to get used to the hills…

Since I've been doing my workouts in the morning, I need something other than Pop Tarts for breakfast. (Okay, there are lots of reasons I need something other than Pop Tarts for breakfast, but for the purpose of this blog post, the reason is morning workouts.) I've been pinning recovery smoothie recipes all week but since I haven’t been to the grocery in two weeks I had to improvise.

Saturday Smoothie:
1 cup of orange juice
1 banana Chobani yogurt (14 grams of protein!)
2 frozen strawberry fruit bars




 What was your Saturday workout?
Who’s your favorite Grey’s Character?
 I forgot how much I love Season 1 George
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?

1 comment:

  1. BURPEES ARE THE WORST. but smoothies are yummy! :) you are definitely dedicated to be working out on a Saturday lol

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking about...