August 5, 2013

Lazy Sundays Are My Favorite

Ok – so this post really starts on Friday, but I’ll get to Sunday eventually. I kicked off my weekend by packing up my entire apartment and attempting to fit it all in the Mazda. I’m so excited because I am spending the next THREE WEEKS in Southern Indiana with my family and friends. I was so not excited to pack. Do you know how hard it is to pack for three weeks? I was having a panic attack thinking I was going to forget something important like a pair of shoes or my toothbrush (which I absolutely did forget). I ended up fitting everything into two suitcases and a duffle bag. For me…that is impressive :)

I made the trip to Southern Indiana in 6 hours and 20 minutes on Saturday morning. A new record! I made it home just in time to go to church with the family and head out to my cousin’s new house for a house warming party. I forgot to take pictures so I snagged these pictures of the cookout from Facebook. Their new house has way too much closet space and I am insanely jealous. She has an entire closet dedicated to shoes (it’s a tad obvious we’re related). When I grow up and buy a house, it will have way too much closet space and there will be a closet (or 2) dedicated to shoes.




Now we can finally get to the lazy Sunday that I enjoyed so much. I kick started the day with a walk through the neighborhood with my mom. After I was warmed up, I decided that I wanted to see how fast I could run a mile. After hardly running for 6 months and some slow training runs in July, I wasn't expecting much. I ran an 8:09 and was PUMPED. After lying in the driveway for few minutes and chugging some water, I went on an 8 mile bike ride with the Bobster. Don’t we look cool in our matching helmets?


Next up was a visit to my favorite shoe store. We got my dad laced up in a new pair of running kicks so he can train for Fast Freddies. He ran a 1:03 last year and wants to break an hour this year. My mom bought her very first pair of running shoes too…a pair of Brooks, a woman after my own heart. It might have taken 12 years, but I finally got my entire family into running :) My sister recently ran her first mile too!!

Sunday evening we had a mini-cookout to celebrate my grandparents 42nd wedding anniversary. We ate way too much food, chipped golf balls around the back yard, attempted to hula hoop, and almost broke the window a few times with the football. After everyone left, we tried to watch a few episodes of Friends but I kept falling asleep. My “lazy Sunday” was exhausting.

Do you have a closet dedicated to shoes?

Is there anyway to not have a sore tush after a long bike ride? How do you spell tush?

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...