January 17, 2011

When Did That Get There?

I’ve lived in the Louisville area my entire life, except for the four years I was in Indianapolis for college. I just recently discovered what an amazing city Louisville is to live in. There’s a reason they call it the Possibility City. I have a growing list of places I want to visit, restaurants I want to eat at, and activities I want to participate in. Right now it’s a list of 35 items, but I add to it every day. My goal is to cross one off per week.

Since I had a race on Saturday morning, I took it easy Friday night. I crossed an item off my ‘movies to see’ list instead of going out into the cold to work on my ‘Louisville’ list. I ended up venturing up the hill to watch The Social Network with Jen Vern. Jennifer has been my best friend since the ‘Blue Powerade Incident’ on our first day of freshman year at PHS nine years ago. Ask me about it sometime – it’s a pretty great story!  While we like to compare ourselves with the famous explorers and adventurers Lewis and Clark, our stories and adventures relate more closely to those of Lucy and Ethel. Since Jen will be accompanying me on most of my adventures, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce her. Like a best friend should, she puts up with my crazy ideas and usually has a few of her own. She is always up for the challenge and doesn’t question the items on my bucket list (although I have seen a few eye rolls!).

I could go on for pages about why it’s important to have a best friend, but I won’t. Instead I’ll leave you with this quote by Arnold Glasgow, “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.”

One of our earliest adventures – PHS Basketball games

Jennifer is a pretty excellent party planner – there’s usually an inflatable slide
Concerts at the Waterfront – We like to make new friends

Summertime Shenanigans – We don’t even have to leave home to cross some items off the bucket list!

Our most recent adventure, Ugly Christmas Sweaters + Karaoke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...