September 5, 2014

Let's Talk Teeth

I've been meaning to write about this for a while (since December), 
but I’m just now getting around to it. 

I had braces in high school….two very long years. Once I got my braces off, I wore my retainers pretty religiously…until I went to college. I admit, I stopped wearing them because they were lame and I was lazy (mostly just the latter part). Over the last 4 years, my teeth have moved, A LOT. I really started to get uncomfortable with my smile and made the decision last year that I wanted my teeth straightened before the wedding. After looking into adult braces (no thank you), I spent A LOT of time researching Invisilign. Last December, I finally made the decision that I was going to go for it.

I found a great orthodontist in Pittsburgh and went to a (FREE!) consultation to see if Invisilign would work for me. After looking at my teeth, he determined I was a candidate and we got the process started. I want to share the whole process with you because I am 2/3 of the way through my treatment and I am confident in recommending Invisilign to anyone looking to straighten their teeth without metal braces.

The is my "before" picture from my first set of scans - the technology is awesome!
  
THAT will have to wait to a later date though, because I need to share my second “teethy thing” with you. Arm & Hammer sent me a Spinbrush Truly Radiant toothbrush and tube of Truly Radiant toothpaste to try out last month. Now that my teeth are straighter…I’d like them to be whiter (I’m so needy!). I’ve never had a spinbrush so I was pumped to try it out. The toothbrush is designed to deep clean teeth and removes 5 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush. The toothpaste whitens, strengthens, and repairs tooth enamel using the unique Arm & Hammer formula.

Awkward brushing teeth pic - for your viewing pleasure!

Honestly, I did not like the taste of the toothpaste and probably won’t buy it again. I’m pretty brand loyal to my Crest toothpaste. The toothbrush however…I am never going back to a manual toothbrush. I love this thing! I also love that it is in my price range and that I won’t be going broke when I need to replace the toothbrush head. I don’t know if it was the toothpaste, the toothbrush, the Invisilign, poor lighting in the room, or an attempt to get me to do a favor, but I’ve recently had THREE PEOPLE tell me that my teeth looked whiter. Seriously though, I can tell a difference after using the toothbrush and toothpaste for the last three weeks and would recommend the toothbrush to anyone in the market for a new one.

If you want to try either the toothbrush or toothpaste, you can click THIS LINK to download a coupon for $0.50 off. As I mentioned, I did receive the toothbrush and toothpaste for free (not the invisilign unfortunately) but all opinions in the above review are my own.  

Stay tuned for my Invisilign story…I know that you will all be anxiously waiting on the edge of your seats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...