April 11, 2014

A $1,000 Ice Cream Sundae

My House. My Rules.
 As usual, my lovely little blog was neglected over the last eight weeks. I’d love to tell you that I’ll be posting more frequently, but I don’t want to get your hopes up. So…maybe this summer when “things slow down…” …although I’m beginning to realize things don’t ever “slow down.” Anyway - I was going through my computer and found all of my half written blog posts from the last eight weeks. Prepare to travel back in time, because I’m going to finish them and post them…

Vegas, Baby!

I flew to Las Vegas on Super Bowl Sunday for a work event. My hotel room was AMAZING. My bathroom had a phone in it…so I of course took a picture and sent it to everyone I knew. If you ever get a chance to stay at the Wynn, DO IT. Also, if you don’t get the Friends reference, well, then, we’re not friends.


I was lucky to travel with a couple of friends so even though we had to work 12 hour days, we managed to find time to walk the strip. This was my second time to Vegas and I still don’t think I’ve seen everything.  I could seriously watch the fountains at the Belliago for hours and not get bored. I think they are so cool.



  

My favorite part of the trip however, was our late night visit to Serendipity. Serendipity is a restaurant in Caesar’s Palace, but they are known more for their amazing dessert menu, more specifically, their frozen hot chocolate. I skipped the frozen hot chocolate and went for the “Lookie Lookie Gimmie Cookie Sundae.” It is worth the plane ticket to fly to Las Vegas to get this sundae!



 Some people go to Vegas to gamble, some go to see the sites, 
I go for the dessert…


I was super tempted to use my work credit card to order the “Grand Opulence Sundae” but I’m pretty sure corporate would never have approve the $1,000 charge. Yes – you read that right, $1,000 for an ice cream sundae!! This is no ordinary sundae – it holds the Guinness World Record, comes with a 23K edible gold leaf, and is made with the most exclusive chocolate in the world. I’m trying to convince the Boy that I want one of these instead of a wedding cake…so far I’m not having much luck.  If I win the lottery, I’m flying to Vegas to eat one of these. Who's with me?



Have you ever been to Las Vegas?
What hotel did you stay at?
What’s the best dessert you’ve ever eaten?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...