April 17, 2014

So This Is What It Feels Like...

One last thing to tell you about the month of February (don’t worry, these recap posts will end soon!). One of my favorite people in the whole world got married on Valentines Day. I've known Morgan since high school and we've been friends ever since. Her wedding was a blast: she was beautiful, the food was amazing, and my entire group of high school friends was together for the first time in a looooong time. It was great to catch up with everyone.


 Fast forward a few weeks later: After our trip to Florida, we stopped into Clarksville to spend some time with the family. While we were home, we ran the Rodes City Run. It’s one of the biggest races in Louisville and I have run it a few times before. It was great to be back out with my favorite running friends. I did WAY better than I had planned. I've been training on the treadmill this year (thanks a lot Pittsburgh weather) and I had almost forgotten what it felt like to run on the road. It’s a fairly flat course and the weather was perfect (in the 40’s for race time). Here's the breakdown:

1.5 mile warm up
Mile 1:     8:45
Mile 2:     9:30
Mile 3:     9:03
Mile 4:     9:02
Mile 5:     9:03
Mile 6:     9:00
Last .2:    2:13
1.3 mile cool down

Total race time: 56:38

9 miles total for the day followed by a ginormous omelet from IHop. We had breakfast with friends of ours. 


Their 4 year old was our photographer. She just figured out how to take selfies…..



Have any readers out there ran the Rodes City Run?

What’s your favorite thing from IHop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...