April 28, 2014

Nashville Schenanigans

I had to go to Nashville in late March for work so I decided to make a mini-vacation out of it. It actually worked out perfectly since Justin only lives a couple hours from Nashville – a much better drive for him than his usual drive to Pittsburgh :)

While we were there, we went to the Predators game at Bridgestone Arena. We had a connection and we were able to get a behind the scenes tour and sit in the box for the game. 
Yay for blurry iPhone photos!
I had never been to a professional hockey game before and I have to say…there is no better way to see a game than from a box with tons of free food in it! We got to stand in the area where the Zamboni enters/exits the ice while the players warm up. It is terrifying when the puck hits the glass! This is all I could think about:


Justin’s friend (one of the Best Men in our wedding!) lives in Nashville and he took us out on Broadway after the game. After this trip, I could definitely move to Nashville. There is no cover and every single bar has live music…live country music. It was the greatest thing ever.


Justin’s aunt and uncle live close to Nashville so we got to spend quality time with them while we were there. They took us to the Ryman Auditorium and the Country Music Hall of Fame. I was in heaven. They had a Reba exhibit that blew my mind and it was so cool to see all of the guitars, outfits, and props from country music stars and their performances over the years.  

Instagram @kimberlymhuber
Before heading to the airport, we did an 11 mile run from Justin’s aunt & uncle’s house. They live in the country and there were hills…tons of hills…I do not like hills… It was a great run though. We finished at a much better pace than we thought we would and now our butts are going to look awesome. The only bad part of the trip was the 5 hour flight delay and the amount of money I spent on airport food. Seriously though…I’m ready to go back and visit again. Who wants to move to Nashville with me?

Any Nashville readers out there? What are your favorite restaurants/bars?

Does anyone watch the show Nashville? I want to start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...