May 7, 2014

Easter Sunday & Boston Monday

Has it really already been two weeks since Easter? I promise that by the end of the week I will be all caught up with my blog posts. You’ll finally get some “real time” information! For now though, here’s a recap of our Easter weekend:

After my half marathon (and 3 hour nap), we drove down to Bardstown to celebrate Easter with Justin’s family. We had a delicious Easter dinner and then dyed Easter eggs. I have not dyed eggs in FOREVER. We had a blast. We also went on a 2 mile walk at a local park. It was by far the most painful walk I've ever been on…but was totally worth it to work out my sore running muscles.



First thing on Sunday morning, we found a Starbucks. Justin gave up coffee for Lent and was in desperate need of some caffeine. 



We went to church with Justin’s parents before heading north to celebrate with my family. It was almost 80 degrees out – the perfect weather for Easter dresses! 



After the most epic photobomb ever, my dad put together an Easter egg hunt for us in the backyard. No, there was no one there under the age of 23. Yes, it was awesome. I am not very the most competitive person ever. I totally had the most eggs at the end :)



We went to my grandma’s for lunch with the Huber family and played our annual game of Easter Whiffle Ball. It’s a good thing Justin & Shane got new bats from the Easter Bunny.



I was super excited for my stuffed bulldog :)


We closed out the day by enjoying dessert and playing cornhole with my mom’s parents on Sunday night. I gave up sweets for Lent so you can only imagine the sugar high I was on after eating an entire bag of Sweet tart jellybeans and about 100 Reese’s eggs! The sugar crash hit me hard and I could barely stay awake to pack up my suitcase that night.

I put in a full day’s work watched every minute of the Boston Marathon on Monday. I had 2 friends running and I was super excited to stalk them for 26.2 miles.



I know I’m a little late, but how awesome is it that Meb won?! I’ll add my congrats to the women’s field as well. A new course record and a bunch of PRs this year! Watching Boston makes me want to quit my job and become a professional runner. Is a contact running high a thing? My vote is yes.  


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...