February 18, 2015

Valentine’s Day, A Birthday, and A Snow Day

I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday! This week is moving so quickly (not that I’m complaining). If you follow me on Facebook, I already gave you a glimpse of our Valentine’s Day date. We celebrated a day early this year and The Professor planned a great date night.

We had dinner at this little place called Jane Barleycorn’s in Downtown Danville. The Professor had stopped by on his way home from worked and dropped off some beautiful roses that were waiting on me when we arrived at the restaurant.

After dinner, we stopped by The Hub for some coffee and a slice of Snickers Cheesecake. We were going to split a slice but somehow The Professor only got one bite…you snooze, you lose! Centre College had a student production playing at the theater last weekend, so we went to see it after our cheesecake.


The show was called, “In The Event of My Death” and the students were incredible. The show was serious, but it had lots of humor mixed in. The students spent their Centre Term class learning how a play is written from idea to production. They had an opportunity to work directly with the playwrite on this production.

On Saturday, we drove up to Bardstown to celebrate Grandma Ruth’s 84th birthday! We made dinner (homemade pizza) and had a wonderful evening spending time with The Professor’s parents and grandparents. I only have one picture and it's us making pizza. I have to get better at taking pictures!

Now, let’s talk about our SNOW DAY!!!! I love snow now more than ever. It’s so nice to be able to work from home and enjoy the winter wonderland outside my window without having to drive in it. We woke up on Monday with just a couple of inches on the ground, but the college had already cancelled classes for the day. The Professor was pretty pumped because he wanted the extra time to work on his research.

When we first measured right before 8am, we had 4.75 inches of snow.


By 10am, we were up to 7.5 inches. I enjoyed an awesome snowy view during my treadmill run and then headed outside at 12:30pm to measure again…9 inches and counting!


At this point in the day, I started counting down until 5pm so that I could go out and play in the snow instead of just measuring! At 3:15pm we were up to 11 inches of snow (and I was on my third outfit of the day - all from the sweatpants collection).


For my 6pm measurement (12.25 inches!), I was able to drag The Professor out with me to play in the snow! 

 ...and by play, I mean that he shoveled and I made snow angels and took pictures. 





Living in a tiny little town means that there are no snow plows and no salt trucks. We were able to get the driveway shoveled out and luckily our road is somewhat clear. The Professor was able to get out and go to the office on Tuesday (although no students showed up to his office hours) and I was glad to sit at my desk in the home office and stare out at the pretty snow all day. We're supposed to get a few more inches this week and I'm hoping for a few more snow days.

How's the weather where you are?
What is your favorite snow day activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...