February 25, 2015

We're Moving to Georgia!

I have been sitting on this news for over a week and I was seriously about to EXPLODE not telling anyone. Now that the t’s are crossed and the i’s are dotted, I can finally tell the world!


The Professor has accepted a position at Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville, GA and we could not be happier. Starting this fall, he’ll be teaching in the Economics department while continuing his research.

We knew back in January, when The Professor had his first interview in Boston, that GCSU would be a good fit for him. It’s a small, public liberal arts college in a medium sized town, close(ish) to a big city. In case you’re not close to a map, we’ll be 30 miles from Macon and about 90 miles south of Atlanta. The school colors are blue and green (both of which I look fantastic in!) and there are lots of opportunities for both of us to get involved on campus.

The Professor spent two days in Milledgeville back in January, but I’ve only seen the town through a Google search. We’re planning a trip down there in April and I cannot wait to check it out. I’m so excited that this move will most likely be our last and that we can finally start to plant some roots together in a town we can call home.

Source

In case you’re wondering what I’m going to do in Milledgeville, the answer is a big “I don’t know yet.” I have started looking online, and I’ve found a few exciting opportunities that I can explore, but there is not a plan of action in place yet. Since we don’t plan to move until after the wedding, I have plenty of time to find the perfect fit.


To celebrate the contract signing, we invited our parents and siblings to join us for a dinner party in Danville. Plus, I wanted to celebrate that I had finally finished unpacking just in time to start packing again haha.

We all got to watch The Professor put the final sticker on the map and it was a really special moment. I am SO PROUD of him and know he will be an amazing professor. He’s worked so hard and I’m glad I’m here to watch him fulfill his dream.





Now that the hard part is over, all he has to do is defend his dissertation and we will be headed south! Easy-Peasy, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...