January 28, 2015

2015 Running Goals


Run 750 miles
Starting in February…because I’ve kinda missed January…that amounts to approximately 67 miles per month or about 17 miles a week.

Run the Louisville Triple Crown
The LTC is made up of three races in March/April. The Anthem 5k, Rhodes 10k, and Papa John 10 miler.

Run the Derby Festival Half Marathon
Check out my training plan HERE.

Speedwork
Starting with half marathon training, I’m going to try to incorporate more speed workouts into my training.

Get Stronger
Thanks to The Professor, I’m going to have access to the college gym. One day a week, I’m going to head over there and incorporate some strength training into my week.

Eat Healthier/Smarter
I starting using MyFitnessPal last year and it has helped my pay closer attention to what I’m eating. I’m not giving up sweets or bread anytime soon ever, but I am going to make sure I’m getting all of the nutrients I need to stay healthy.

Read a Running Book
There are lots of great running books out there and I have read exactly ZERO of them.

Run 12 races
I’m already registered for 4 and I’m looking for 8 more. Mostly 5ks or 10k, but I’m on the lookout for a fall half marathon.

RUN MARATHON #2
This goal is totally tentative, but I’m putting it on here. I am 100% undecided on marathon #2, but it might be a fun race to train for this fall.

What are your 2015 running goals?
What is your favorite book about running?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...