January 19, 2015

Honeymoon or No Honeymoon?

My countdown app alerted me that there are only 152 days until our wedding! We’ve checked a few more things off of our wedding list, but we still have a lot to do…


Bridesmaids Dresses:

After some online searching and making my maid of honor try on a few (just a few!) dresses, we found the perfect one. Have I told you that our colors are navy and pink? Well, they are. I’m a big fan of lace and I’m trying to incorporate it into the wedding as many ways as possible. Our guys are wearing navy pants and a white shirt. We’re going to incorporate the pink in the flowers and bowties.

Hotel:

We have a lot of guests coming in from out of town for the wedding so we wanted to get a block of rooms downtown near our hotel venue. As I started calling around, I learned that our wedding is the same weekend as Comic Con in Louisville (why me??). Luckily, I was able to get a block of rooms at the hotel right next door to our venue. We are pumped because it will be very easy for our guests to walk to the hotel after the reception and not have to worry about cabs/driving/etc. Justin & I decided to stay at the hotel that night too. Fun fact: My parents stayed at the same hotel the night of their wedding.


 Save-the-Dates:

It took me forever to put together our Save-the-dates. Mostly because I didn’t have time, but kind of because I couldn’t figure out what site to order them from. I landed on minted.com and I could not be happier with how they turned out. The customer service was fantastic and the designer was able to customize our piece exactly how I wanted it. I highly recommend minted.com if you’re looking to order invites or anything else.


At this point, we have most of the big things checked off the list. I think the last big decision is whether or not to take a honeymoon. We’ve spent a lot of time looking, but haven’t made the commitment yet.


Did you go on a honeymoon?
Where did you go?
Did you use a travel agent/company or plan your own trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...