January 16, 2015

Book List 2014

I’m posting a little late today, but I’m really trying to stick to my goal of three posts per week.

One of the things I'm most excited about, now that I’m graduated and have all of this free time on my hands, is reading for fun. I am a total book worm. It’s not unusual for me to finish a book in one day. I am the type of person who gets totally involved in the story and connects with a character and can’t put a book down until it ends.

I like all types of books, but there is a definite trend in my reading habits. I lean more towards fiction, and mostly mysteries. I buy 95% of my books on Amazon and read them on my Kindle so it was interesting to look back at what I read in 2014. You can tell that I used books as an escape from work and class because there is not one “serious” book on the list!


Clearly, I like any books that are part of a series. Mostly because I connect with the characters and want their stories to continue FOREVER.

I actually would not recommend the Hannah Swenson books. There are 18 books (and a few specials) in the series. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and had high hopes that this series would be similar. It didn’t even come close. The first book was good, and I hoped that as I kept reading, the series would get better. I ended up bailing after book 8. What is cool though, is that there are tons of dessert recipes scattered throughout the books and I’ve actually made a couple of them!

One of those books (I’ll let you guess which one) was a gift to my brother & sister-in-law when my nephew was born, but I read it before I gave it to them so I counted it :) If you have a baby, or have a friend getting ready to have a baby, buy this book. It is hysterical.

I won’t give you full reviews on the other books, but if you haven’t read Bossy Pants or Gone Girl, drop what you are doing and go read them RIGHT NOW. They are both fantastic. I’d also recommend the Divergent series. I am super impressed that the author wrote the first book during her senior year of college! I spent my senior year studying, going to basketball games, and drinking beer.  I’ve written about the Stephanie Plum series on here before and I feel like I should write about it again! Janet Evanovich is a fantastic writer and I cannot get enough of her books. There are 21 books in her Stephanie Plum series, but I promise you it is worth the commitment to read them all!

What books have you read lately?
What book recommendations do you have for me in 2015?
- Seriously. Any genre of books! I need recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking about...